The Elaine Brennan Skin Renewal Peeling System is now available in South Africa for use by doctors, plastic surgeons & specialised aesthetic clinics. As you may know, Elaine Brennan has spent over 50 years in the skin care industry and was the pioneer of skin peeling in South Africa over 30 years ago. The renowned Elaine Brennan Skin Renewal Peeling System is a truly unique and exclusive cosmetic peeling treatment that has been tried and tested for over 30 years.
Why the Elaine Brennan Skin Renewal Peeling System?
- There is no peeling which rivals its safety and at the same time, produces such excellent results.
- Due to its safety, it can be used on ALL skin types and colours. It can be applied to face, Neck & Eyelids.
- The peeling is in a cream form, ensuring easy and uniform application.
- A very mild warm sensation is experienced and clients experience very little discomfort.
- The peel is in a paste form and is applied like a mask. We include the eyelids and the neck in one treatment.
- The client will come in over 2 consecutive days as the peel is applied on the first day and left on for 2 hours and removed. The client returns the following day for another application and will lie for a further 2 hours with the peel on her skin after which it is removed.
- The client will only use an occlusive cream which is supplied by us and sunblock for the remainder of the week.
Skin types: All
Downtime: One week
Source: Resorcinol & Salicylic Acid
Cost: R5 900.00
Why do I need a skin consultation?
It is vitally important to have a consultation with a qualified physician or skin therapist prior to embarking upon a peeling treatment. The therapist needs to consider your skin type, degree of skin damage, acne, pigmentation, current skin care regiment, medication and contraindications.
- What conditions are treatable with the EB Skin Renewal Peeling?
The peeling will treat and improve just about any skin problem.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves the appearance of scarring.
- Treats acne, blackheads, milia and oily skin.
- Sun damage and aging.
- Reduces age spots, freckles and melasma due to pregnancy and birth control pills
- Improves the look and feel of the skin.
- Why should I have a chemical peeling?
Chemical peeling is used to improve the skin’s appearance. By applying our peeling cream to the skin, we cause the top layers of the skin to separate and peel off leaving behind a new skin that is smoother, has less wrinkles, is more even in color and less congested. We do this in a safe and controlled way by creating a superficial, mild and controlled burn. The skin improves by the wound healing process and new tissue is created and damaged tissue is quickly replaced. Our peeling stimulates the fibroblasts wound healing activity and the proliferation of fibroblast activity increases collagen and elastin formation. The body’s response to the burn is what yields the results.
- How does the peeling actually work?
Chemical peels are a way to speed up the natural migration process of skin cells. When the bond between the cells are dissolved and the epidermal cells begin to shed more rapidly, the shedding skin cells send signals for more cell division which forces keratinocytes to the top of the stratum corneum. This helps to treat acne, fade pigment and leave the skin with a fresh new layer of surface skin.
- Does the peeling hurt?
Most people find the peeling very tolerable. There is a stinging sensation for approximately 10 minutes and thereafter, very little discomfort except for tightness. We use a strong fan to ease the burning. Most of our clients fall asleep after the initial stinging sensation abates. During the remainder of the week, your skin will be red and feel dry, tight, irritated and may itch as it heals up underneath. Slight swelling is possible and is easily treatable with antihistamines such as Benadryl. We give you a special soothing cream to use throughout the entire process. You may take Tylenol to relieve any discomfort.
- Is this treatment safe?
Yes. Our chemical peeling is a safe and effective way to remove the top layer of skin to reveal a younger, fresher and more even toned skin. Peels involve the application of a chemical agent to create controlled exfoliation and stimulate regeneration of new skin. They’ve been used by doctors and skin-care therapists for over 60 years because they are truly effective. Unlike many other peelings on the market today, our peeling has special properties in the base ingredients so as not to allow the acids to penetrate into the deeper living layers of the skin.
- How long will the results last from my peeling?
The results from our chemical peeling are cumulative which means that each additional peeling will provide improvement to the overall complexion. The results of our peeling can last a year or more, depending on how well you care for your skin following your treatment. We recommend using a range of medical grade skin care and vigilant daily use of a “Broad Spectrum” sunscreen to protect the face and neck against UVA and UVB rays as well as infrared rays. Avoid sun exposure between 10am and 2 pm and wear a wide brimmed hat.
- How quickly will I see results from my peeling?
The results from our peeling are impressive, quick and long lasting. Initial results can be seen immediately after your skin heals. You will notice a reduction in sun damage and the signs of aging as well as scarring, acne and uneven skin tone. Your skin continues to improve over the next 8 to 12 months.
- Why do I need two peels initially?
The results of our peeling are cumulative and optimal results are seen after an initial series of peels space 6 to 8 weeks apart. Although you will notice improvement after one peeling, often times repeated peels are necessary in order to produce the desired effect.
- How bad will I look during the week and can I go to work?
During your peeling you can expect redness, slight swelling, dryness, uneven skin color, scaling and peeling. We have many clients who work throughout the week and even go out to restaurants. We have others who hibernate for the week. For working clients, we suggest the first application take place after work on a Wednesday. Most clients go into work on Thursday and come for their second application on Thursday evening. Some take off the Friday. The worst two days take place over the weekend. We are usually able to remove the skin late Monday afternoon or early Tuesday morning, so that you may return to work. This essentially means two days off. There are also many long weekends and public holidays and with careful planning, schedules can be arranged accordingly.
- Who should not have the peeling?
Chemical peels should not be used on pregnant or nursing women, those who are immune impaired, those with an allergy to resorcinol or salicylates, anyone with active herpes, anyone who currently has a cold, flu or is generally feeling under the weather, anyone who is sunburned or has a rash and anyone who has used Accutane in the last year.
- I have heard that peels will make my skin thin?
This is a common misconception and in point of fact, the opposite is true. While they remove layers of skin from the surface, the inflammatory response that this action creates actually stimulates healing and the regeneration of newer, plumper and healthier skin.